| ||Blackheath Resources Inc. (TSXV: BHR) (the "Company") is pleased to report a progress update for the 2016 work program on their tungsten and tin projects in Northern Portugal. The Company has been very active on the development and exploration fronts at the Company's Covas, Borralha, and Bejanca projects. |
Covas Tungsten Project:
Bejanca Eluvial Tin Project:
- Commencement of a Projeto de Declaração de Âmbito, which is an initial environmental impact study, with guidelines from the Portuguese Government. This environmental work will include: preparation of detailed flora and fauna and socio-economic baseline studies within the Cerdeirinha, Boundary, Castelo, Muito Seco and Lapa Grande tungsten deposit areas. This work is being conducted by Visa Consultores, a Portuguese based geology, mining engineering and environmental consulting company in conjunction with and supervised by Minerália Minas, Geotecnia e Construcoes, LDA. ("Mineralia").
- Bulk sampling and mineralogical work at Cerdeirinha Open Pit. To date, approximately 200kg of material has been sent for mineral studies prior to commencing process testwork.
- Internal experimental exploitation study for a small scale pilot plant at Cerdeirinha Open Pit, based on indicated resources from NI: 43-101 technical report (see news release March 31, 2015)
Borralha Tungsten Project:
- 14 further test-mining pits, in addition to the 50 test-mining pits (see news release February 16, 2016) are currently being excavated and sampled. These 14 new test-mining pits are located in 3 sections of the Bejanca Eluvium that appear to contain a higher concentration of tin values based on the results from the previous 50 test-mining pits.
- Metallurgical testing of a composite bulk sample is ongoing at LNEG Laboratory (National Laboratory of Energy and Geology) in Portugal, a Governmental R&D institution for Energy and Geology.
- A preliminary independent mining assessment study is now underway and is being carried out by Visa Consultatores, in conjunction with and supervised by Minerália. This work includes: assessment of possible mining operations, open pit design and optimisation, ore processing, waste management, landscape rehabilitation, and closure plans.
- Bulk sampling and mineralogy work at the Santa Helena Breccia. To date, approximately 150kg of material, taken from 10 separate areas within the Santa Helena Breccia, has been sent for processing.
Blackheath Resources Inc. is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange, and is focused on tungsten exploration and development in Portugal. The Company holds the past-producing Covas, Borralha and Vale das Gatas tungsten projects and also the Bejanca tungsten/tin project. Management of Blackheath has previous experience in tungsten mining operations in Portugal through Primary Metals Inc., the operator of the Panasqueira Tungsten Mine from 2003 to 2007. Further information about the company's activities may be found at www.blackheathresources.com and under the company's profile at www.sedar.com
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
Alexander Langer, President & CEO
For further information please contact Investor Relations, at 604.684.3800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its regulation services provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
You can view the Next News Releases item: Tue Jul 26, 2016, Blackheath Grant of Stock Options
You can view the Previous News Releases item: Tue Jul 5, 2016, Blackheath Grant of Stock Options
You can return to the main News Releases page, or press the Back button on your browser.